Thursday, September 18, 2014

Books, Books, Books

A friend posted a list of 100 books she wants to read in the next year, and I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought to do that. I mean, #12 of my bucket list was "Read every day" so there's no reason I can't meet a similar goal.

My list is a strange combination of classic and contemporary, fantasy and romance,male and female narrators, stand-alones and series. I make no excuses for why I haven't read these yet. Everyone has different tastes in literature so I'm going to try to branch out while still remaining true to myself.
  1. The Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman
  2. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  3. The Serpent of Venice by Christopher Moore
  4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
  6. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  7. The Lunar Chronicles: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  8. The Lunar Chronicles: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  9. The Lunar Chronicles: Cress by Marissa Meyer
  10. As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto: Food, Friendship, and the Making of a Masterpiece by Joan Reardon
  11. The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
  12. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
  13. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  14. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
  15. The Looking glass Wars by Frank Beddor
  16. Ulysses by James Joyce
  17. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  18. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
  19. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  20. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  21. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  22. Complete Poems, 1904-1962 by e.e. cummings
  23. The Complete Poetry and Prose by William Blake
  24. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  25. Coyote Blue by Christopher Moore
  26. Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
  27. Emma by Jane Austen
  28. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  29. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  30. His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
  31. His Dark Materials: The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
  32. His Dark Materials: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
  33. Night by Elie Wiesel
  34. The Time Quintet: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
  35. The Time Quintet: A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle
  36. The Time Quintet: A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle
  37. The Time Quintet: Many Waters by Madeleine L'Engle
  38. The Time Quintet: An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L'Engle
  39. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  40. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  41. Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
  42. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
  43. Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
  44. Atonement by Ian McEwan
  45. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  46. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  47. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
  48. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
  49. Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
  50. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  51. Middlemarch by George Elliot
  52. As You Wish by Cary Elwes
One book per week. Doable. Some books will take longer, but some will be much shorter so I figure that evens itself out. And if I meet my goal before my next birthday, then I'll just add some more to the list!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm... Game of Thrones is six books at the moment. All over 600 pages each. I'm on the third one now. They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I know. I'd still like to try and read them all.

      Delete